Green coffee > Our green coffee ranges > Our coffees > Coffee sheet MICROLOT
STERLING
THE MICROLOT RANGE
Traceability: Plot
An exceptional coffee reflecting the passion, curiosity and expertise of a producer guided by innovation and a quest for perfection.
Quality
86+
Quantity
Rare
Education points
100
MICROLOT
STERLING
Sterling
Pitalito | Huila
Colombia
Producer
Adriano Cortez Sterling
Altitude
1600 m
Environment
Mountainous
Species
arabica
Varietal
Red caturra
Harvest period
January to april
Harvest type
Manual
Process
Fully Washed
Drying
In a greenhouse for 2 or 3 weeks
Sensory profile
« A coffee with a floral and spicy bouquet expressing sweet flavours of plum, green apple, mandarin and grapefruit in the cup. »
Availability and prices: log in
THE MICROLOT RANGE
Traceability: Plot
An exceptional coffee reflecting the passion, curiosity and expertise of a producer guided by innovation and a quest for perfection.
Quality
86+
Quantity
Rare
Education points
100

ABOUT

This Caturra microlot is harvested by hand by a group of 4 pickers from the Cauca region. They have been coming to work at Adriano for several seasons now, living at the farm for 2 or 3 months until the harvest has finished.
After picking, the cherries are de-pulped and fermented in silos for 12 hours, then in vats for 40 hours. The beans are washed and dried in greenhouses for 2 or 3 weeks. Adriano monitors this stage very closely, allowing air to circulate along the edges to dry the coffee more slowly.

STERLING

This finca is named Sterling after a member of the mother’s family. The farm culminates at an altitude of nearly 1,600 metres, near Guacacallo in the municipality of Pitalito.
The Sterling finca grows both coffee and pitaya, also known as dragon fruit, as well as banana trees which provide shade for the coffee, yuccas and maize.
Water is quite scarce near the farm and the weather is colder than in the neighbouring regions, which is why Adriano ferments his coffees a little longer than average. He is receiving advice from a consultant agronomist on how to work the soil.


Ground
-

Rainfall
-

Temperature
-

Humidity
0.00

Shadow
-

Preparation

After picking, the cherries are de-pulped and fermented in silos for 12 hours, then in vats for 40 hours. The beans are washed and dried in greenhouses for 2 or 3 weeks. Adriano monitors this stage very closely, allowing air to circulate along the edges to dry the coffee more slowly.

STERLING

Strengths

Red Caturra microlot | Long fermentation

The history of the producer

The story
of the producer

Adriano Cortez Sterling comes from a long line of coffee producers. His great-great-grandparents were pioneers decades ago, long before coffee became the main cultivated product in the Huila region. Today, Adriano grows coffee with his father and one of his three brothers, because the farm belongs to them all. Having spent four years learning about different harvesting, processing and drying methods in various regional cooperatives, Adriano has now changed his vision of coffee growing and begun cultivating different varieties, namely Caturra, Colombia and Castillo, on a little over 3 hectares. Today he owns some 1,700 Caturra coffee trees, which represent about 70% of his harvest. The remaining 30% is Colombia coffee.

Log in to see more

To access the coffee sensory profile, grain analysis and
sales support tools, log in or create your Belco account.

 

OTHER COFFEE IN THE RANGE

 


I subscribe to the Belco newsletter:
logo BELCO

Follow us:


Contact

Please call us: 05 56 16 56 56

Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 19:00

or

Contact us directly

on our online form.

Legal mentions | Our privacy policy | Terms of Sales